Quote of the Day: “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Song of the Day: Hero – Bette Midler
Exercise of the Day: Stair Climber
Affirmation: “This is my one chance, my one moment to really live my life how I see fit and I am going to do it!”
Tip: 5 Meditation tips for beginners:
- Start with a short duration of 3-5 minutes and really use that time to pay attention to your breath.
- Understand the benefits of meditation before you start. Meditation can relieve stress, anxiety, irritability, or overthinking. Over time, it can build a resilience to stress.
- Focus on understanding when your mind drifts from being centered on your breath and practice, to understanding when it becomes focused on outer elements, like the many things we have going on in our personal lives. That’s the moment to redirect yourself back into your meditation focal point and to do it without criticizing yourself.
- Make sure you do your practice your way. Some people prefer to walk and meditate, some prefer to use guided mediations and/or group meditations. Some like to lay down, some like to sit. Listen to your body and make your practice your own.
- Increase the frequency of how much you meditate. Ideally, daily would be the most beneficial to help you lengthen your practice and receive the most stress reducing benefits but again this is something that only you can feel out what’s best for you. There are a few places to find exercises online that guide you through short mediations to get you started if that’s what you feel you need.
Enjoy getting those charka’s aligned!